We are Experts in Oracle TimesTen
Innovation Strategies employs an engineering team specialising in Oracle TimesTen and offers clients added-value services in different technological and business scenarios.
Oracle TimesTen is their in-memory database as there are applications where milliseconds become a critical element. Transfer your critical applications on Oracle TimesTen and maximise benefits from your performance with no need to carry out logic changes in the application.
Where to use Oracle TimesTen
Generally, when we require the optimisation of the performance of the database, the tasks to undertake are:
- Oracle database tuning, SQL optimization and database´s outlines.
- Migration of non-stop data, as with Oracle GoldenGate it is possible to replicate data in real time in new environments as well as to carry out tests and validations of the new environment with real data and introduce the solution in production; all you need to do is to change the application connections to the new database.
Migrating databases and environment do no longer require stops (Zero-DownTime).
- Vertical extension of the platform, adding processors, disc storage, etc…
- ICache implementation, in the level applications that imply a series of restrictions:
- Limited functionality and generally no public use of the cache is allowed among the different applications.
- SQL language is not available in the cache.
- It increases the maintenance costs of the application
- It does not support high availability environments.
Oracle TimesTen is an in-memory RDBMS which is entirely optimised and designed for applications in real time. If you use Oracle TimesTen you will be able to:
- Use the SQL standard interface to read from your in-memory cache.
- Introduce the in-memory database in the intermediate level, which will enable you to have data stuck to your application to optimise the performance.
- Processing more transactions, as Oracle TimesTen latency is highly reduced and will enable you to process more queries with no effort.
- Having a persistent cache , as transactions in TimesTen fulfill ACID requirements.
- High availability, in all aspects as Oracle Timesten enables synchrony, asynchrony, active-passive, active-active replica configurations.
- Scalable, create a GRID cache with TimesTen in a way that your platform scales up according to your business volume.
Application development for Oracle TimesTen
Oracle TimesTen facilitates application development to support a large number of functionality already available in Oracle databases in an entirely transparent way.
Some of the most relevant characteristics for application development of on Oracle TimesTen are:
- ODBC, JDBC and OCI connections.
- Use the same API as you use in your Oracle database.
- There is a high OCI functionality subset imported to TimesTen.
- Support for ODP.Net
- Pro*C programming language available, using the same Oracle Pro*C/C++ precompiler.
- Partially supported PL/SQL language:
- The PL/SQL engine is implemented inside Oracle TimesTen.
- The programming language is the same as in your Oracle databases.
- There is a high subset of Oracle Database packages available.
Uses of Oracle TimesTen in the real world.
There are different scenarios where Oracle TimesTen can become an architectural solution by notably reducing the maintenance costs of your applications and offering the best performance. Some examples are:
- eCommerce Services requiring low latency time, high request process capability, and being easily scalable
- Reduction of connections time for sites geographically distributed as with Oracle TimesTen it is possible to have a copy of the required data next to each application server.
- Optimisation of your web application performance as a low latency memory database manager will be highly available.
- Optimisation of intensive applications in SQL for calculation in real time requiring intensive use of databases.
For more information, contact us and we will advise:
[contact-form 2 "Formulario de contacto 2"]